RANT: verb 1 : to talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner 2 : to scold vehemently transitive senses : to utter in a bombastic declamatory fashion - rant·er noun - rant·ing·ly /'ran-ti[ng]-lE/ adverb

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Post the First

Many years ago, I created the The Joaquin Phoenix Anti-Page during a bout of seething. It was originally a sarcastic page formed wholly out of irritation caused by too much exposure to stupid people on the internet. I posted the page and subsequently forgot about it. In a bout of irony, I bumped into my own page two years later while on the internet looking for information on another movie, and updated it in April 2003. I promptly forgot it existed again until, again two years later, someone with way too much time on their hands tracked me down and emailed me, asking when it would be updated.

Apparently there are people out there who find my vitriolic pop-offs to be poignantly amusing, and wanted to know if I write about things other than my annoyance of idiots.

The answer is "Yes, but that's the mainstay." I write. I write a lot. Usually I write about things that bother me or annoy me, because that gets them out of my head and off my attention list and I can go on living a happy, stable life. I don't sit and seethe, hiding in a dark internal world and hating all outside. If that's what you're looking for, there are some pages dedicated to goth poetry I could point you at.

Anyway. Here it is. Cheers.
-Peregrine

0 They Have Spoken:

Post a Comment

<< Home