RANT: verb 1 : to talk in a noisy, excited, or declamatory manner 2 : to scold vehemently transitive senses : to utter in a bombastic declamatory fashion - rant·er noun - rant·ing·ly /'ran-ti[ng]-lE/ adverb

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sundance

I can't wait until Monday. The waiting is slowly eating my brain like a small, black, brain-eating beetle. For the week of Sundance, it's been abysmally quiet in Newsland. I did see that 'Waitress' got outstanding reviews, but that's bittersweet, coming on the heels of Shelley's death the way it does.

Come on, Internet! Talk to me! A gigabillion bloggers at the Festival and nobody's babbling their heads off about the movies? Did they force NDA's on attendees this year? Are people just that jaded about Sundance? Am I on the wrong internet this week?

I love film festivals, but there are very few I actually go to. Mostly because I really want to avoid the starfucker crowd. I go to film festivals to watch new or indy movies with other movie geeks, not to see who shows up. I think one of the things I like best is that at a film festival, you can always find conversation about the movies of your choice. While I don't - and likely never will - go to Sundance, I enjoy the conversations that happen every year from the people who have gone. This year, so far, everyone seems to be keeping it under wraps.

0 They Have Spoken:

Post a Comment

<< Home